February 12, 2008

We're off to see gorillas...


Dana and I are leaving for Uganda tomorrow. New York to Amsterdam to Nairobi to Entebbe, 21 hours in transit.

We're excited. We've been walking around the house for days in our "gorilla boots," breaking them in.

I don't plan to post while I'm away -- I'll likely spend any Internet cafe time cleaning the spam from my inbox -- but I might try to sneak in a quick post after we return to Kampala from Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.

While on our gorilla safari we'll be staying at the Traveller's Rest Hotel in Kisoro, a small town near the Congo and Rwanda borders. It has a lounge with a fireplace, and I'm looking forward to sitting around that fireplace with fellow gorilla trackers, sipping a Nile beer, and reliving the honor and thrill of having spent an hour in the wild with the 18 members of the Nkuringo gorilla band.

www.LoriHein.com