November 15, 2010

Ames Free Library book reading to celebrate NaNoWriMo

If you're in the area, join me at 6:30 this Thursday evening, November 18, for a book reading at the Ames Free Library in Easton, Massachusetts.

To celebrate National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), a zany writing marathon in which aspiring authors worldwide each try to complete a 50,000-word novel in 30 days, the library's hosting me and two other authors from this area. We'll read from our books and share insights on getting published.

I'm always delighted at an invitation to read from Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America, but this reading has the extra bonus of taking place inside one of 19th-century architect H.H. Richardson's masterpieces.

I hope you'll enjoy the reading, but I guarantee you'll enjoy the building.