October 25, 2004

Birth of a blog: www.RibbonsofHighway.blogspot.com

Hello. I'm Lori Hein, a freelance writer and author from Boston, Massachusetts. I've spent today building the skeleton of this travel blog and hope to put flesh on it in the next day or so. Once I learn how to share photography with you, I'll begin our journey around the world.

I've been blessed to have visited some 60 countries, and I have tales and tips and an inventory of 10,000 slides that will form the foundation of my blog, which I hope you'll visit often. I promise to take you to places that dazzle the senses, stir the spirit and grip the soul.

A non-digital dinosaur, I wouldn't trade my 30-year-old Nikon Nikkormat for anything, and I buy Fuji slide film in bulk -- while it still exists. Be patient with me as I wade through the technological waters of scanners and servers to convert the slides to the web-based files this blogging platform requires. Then, we'll be good to go.

In the meantime, please visit www.LoriHein.com
. You'll learn a bit about me, my family, my writing background, my love of running, and my book, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America. You'll find book excerpts that will give you an idea of the writing style you can expect from my blog. Enjoy.

I look forward to sharing the world's people and places with you. And, once we get started, I invite you to tell me where you'd like to go next. There's a better than even chance I've been there. It's a big world. It's a small world. Peace.